Caruilli: Waltz, 3 Variations

This forum is for those players who would like to get on the path of progress and improve their playing. We invite you to post a video of anything you would like, preferably one that indicates where you feel you need work. Jamie and other forum members will assess your playing and tell you what you need to do to improve. This is also the place for all those working with Guitar Principles products.

Moderator: admin

Re: Caruilli: Waltz, 3 Variations

Postby rjdplay » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks to you both...Ney and Jamie.
Just to let you know: By using the Metronome I can comforably hit those 8th note runs at 160, and most often at 168. But beyond 168 it seems my fingers freeze a bit. I don't know what speed I posted it at, ...I just played it where I felt comfortably relaxed with it.
Yes, a webcam is in my plans...but it doesn't have a date yet....I want to make sure I'm ready for Jamie!
Again much thanks for your professional interest. "There's no place like Guitar Principles" (as I click my red heels).
Ray
rjdplay

Postby N E Y » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:08 am

rjdplay wrote:Thanks to you both...Ney and Jamie.

You are very welcome Ray!

Yes, a webcam is in my plans...but it doesn't have a date yet....I want to make sure I'm ready for Jamie!
Again much thanks for your professional interest. "There's no place like Guitar Principles" (as I click my red heels).
Ray

Hello Ray,

Get into a lotus position and contemplate the following: No student is ever "ready for Jamie", what does that really mean? Are you going to perform a show for Jamie on webcam or will you try to learn how to perform, which is the point of webcam? I garantee you that Jamie will not make you feel embarassed or incompetent. Many have that fear because she is such a great guitarist and worldwide authority and they never spoke to Jamie and don't realize yet that she is very nice ane helpful to students on webcam or in person. if you are trying to learn no matter how simple the lesson and often simple means profound and life changing as far as guitar playing ability is concerned and it still will be FUN!, So why wait untill you are 160 years old and ready to leave -guitar in hand- for another dimension? :D :D :D

Being ready means being ready to play....That means you need no webcam, except to webcast your concert...of course! :) :) :)

ALL MY BEST TO YOU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ney_mello
N E Y

Postby rjdplay » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Thanks Ney,
Straight from the shoulder! I like that. One more post before my two week trip....so, when I get back, I'll definitely jump in.
Ray
rjdplay

Previous

Return to Have Jamie Review Your Practice!