Hola

Introduce Yourself & Tell Us Your Personal Journey With Guitar. Whether new here, or an old timer, we want to hear YOUR love story with the guitar!

Moderator: admin

Hola

Postby Chuy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm a beginning guitar player, still stuck in the bass clef.
In the last century, I matriculated at what is now N TX U as a tuba and string bass player. I soon discovered that all the other freshmen were far more gifted and better trained. So I quit, and eventually wound up with a PhD in medical physiology.
My excuse in 1950 was that my fingers were too short to work even a 3/4 sized double bass.
Long afterward, I fell in love with the late Alicia de Larrocha y de la Calle. When i found that she was only 4'9" and capable of bridging only a 10th on a full-sized piano, I was re-inspired. If you've heard Alicia play Mozart, you'll know that hand size was not a problem for her.
Sixty years have passed, and the Miguel Robles bass is gone, but I'm determined to redeem that loss by learning the guitar.
Steve assures me that the Principles is on the way, and i'm looking foreward to devoting full time to it. In the meantime, I'll continue with Frederick Noad's Solo Guitar book and try not to tense up.
Thanks for listening.
~Chuy
Chuy

Re: Hola

Postby Stan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Hola!

(I just exhausted about half of my Spanish vocabulary right there...)

Welcome to the forum and to Guitar Principles!

Stan
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

Arthur Ashe
Stan

Re: Hola

Postby Mike_Hardin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 pm

A 10th is nothing to shake a stick at. I think that is something most piano players would have a problem with.
Mike_Hardin

Return to Tell Us About Yourself!