Hello

Introduce Yourself & Tell Us Your Personal Journey With Guitar. Whether new here, or an old timer, we want to hear YOUR love story with the guitar!

Moderator: admin

Hello

Postby Winston » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Hello everyone,
Today is my birthday and I'm about to begin a journey that has taken me fifty five years to get to and should probably have been started about fourty five years sooner!
I discovered this place about a month or so ago and have been lurking around the forums reading and absorbing and I am convinced that this is the place that will help me try to fulfill a lifelong yearning.
This morning I received The Principles book, the DVD and Chords & Rythms. I don't know how long it will take me to grasp it or what my pace of (hopefully) progress will be but everything I have read tells me that Jamie's way is the way for me, so much so in fact that it was reading about the art/science behind her Principles that inspired me to take this plunge.
I am an absolute beginner. I have no musical knowledge or background, indeed, my only exposure to music was for a short time in school and I found it totally impossible to grasp. On the plus side, I can read, I'm not completely dumb and I definitely have no bad (guitar playing) habits so I think the only way for me is up.
Any and all advice will be welcome and appreciated. Thanks...W
Winston

Re: Hello

Postby Jamie » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi Winston,

Welcome aboard! We are glad to have you here! :D

Make your start with studying and working the materials. Begin the Foundation exercises, and have a little fun with the songs in "The Path", and practice them according to the Principles. Then show us what you got---and you'll get all the advice you need (maybe more!)! :D :D
Best,
Jamie
Jamie

Return to Tell Us About Yourself!