Hello it's me...

Introduce Yourself & Tell Us Your Personal Journey With Guitar. Whether new here, or an old timer, we want to hear YOUR love story with the guitar!

Moderator: admin

Hello it's me...

Postby SuperDestroyer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Hidy-Ho neighbor! My name is Ned. I live in Irmo, South Carolina in the SouthEastern United States of America. Started learning to play the guitar in 1980 at the age of 20 (late). First guitar was a hand me down from my younger sister, a 3/4 size Stella Harmony (talk about calluses on the finger tips!). Took lessons from a local guitar store owner for about one year until I found tablature and taught myself from then on. Bought an Electra MPC-320 (Les Paul copy) and replaced the pick-ups with Seymour Duncan 59 P.A.F.s (that guitar still plays like a dream and stays in tune for months at a time). Also own a '68 Re-issue Left-handed Fender Stratocaster re-strung right so it looks like Jimi Hendrix' upside down guitar. Mainly I play a Fender Classical Acoustic F-110. Was pretty good back during the late Eighties and early Nineties when I would get in five to eight hours of practice a day. But after getting married six years ago and having four kids since I don't get to practice as much so I'm a bit rusty. Can't believe the resources available now on the Internet like YouTube videos that show how to play songs! Wish that was available during my first few years struggling to transcribe from records and tapes. Also sites like "justinguitar.com" are just awesome! With instruction like that I feel like my playing is getting good again!
SuperDestroyer

Re: Hello it's me...

Postby Jamie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi Destroyer,

Welcome to GuitarPrinciples..........I hope you find something useful here.
Best,
Jamie
Jamie

Return to Tell Us About Yourself!