G'[day from australia

Introduce Yourself & Tell Us Your Personal Journey With Guitar. Whether new here, or an old timer, we want to hear YOUR love story with the guitar!

Moderator: admin

G'[day from australia

Postby lucky00 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:08 am

Hi all,New here just found this site the other day so thought i'd check it out.I've just bought the guitar principles book and i cant wait for it to arrive.
I've been playing or i should say learning to play the guitar for about 18 months on and off.I'm in a rutt and don't seem to be getting any better so
i'm hoping that the book is going to help with that (as in showing me what to practice and how to practice).I know a few chords G A B C D E F Major Minor and
7th but still can't change quickly but getting better.I know a bit of music theory (major scale how chords are constructed) my strummings not bad and i know a few
fingerstyle patterns (fingerstyle guitar is my main interest)I just want to play for my own enjoyment.Can anyone tell me if i'll need the dvd as well as the
book(i know it will be easier being able to see what i need to do) but is it all explained well enough in the book? money's a bit tight so the book will have
to do but if i do need the dvd i'll get it when i can afford it.
Jim
lucky00

Re: G'[day from australia

Postby Stan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 am

G'Day!

Book is enough to start, get a webcam if you do not have one yet and post videos of your practice in the "Improvement" forum - check it out if you haven't yet!
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

Arthur Ashe
Stan

Re: G'[day from australia

Postby verlineUi.net » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 pm

yep yep.. goodluck with your stay here.. hope you could find our community entertaining enough to sustain you :mrgreen:
verlineUi.net

Return to Tell Us About Yourself!