SPECIAL REQUEST: FaceBook Your Videos!

This forum is for those players who would like to get on the path of progress and improve their playing. We invite you to post a video of anything you would like, preferably one that indicates where you feel you need work. Jamie and other forum members will assess your playing and tell you what you need to do to improve. This is also the place for all those working with Guitar Principles products.

Moderator: admin

SPECIAL REQUEST: FaceBook Your Videos!

Postby Jamie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:23 am

Hey Everybody,

I want to try to harness the great enthusiasm here in this forum over the wonderful progress we see people make on guitar for some very practical, GP "survival in Web 2.0" type of things.

It occurs to me that it would be really wonderful if you were to share with your facebook community what goes on here, as far as your personal growth on guitar goes. If you were to link some of these youtube videos to your fb profiles, and perhaps put a bit of my feedback to your playing that has helped you, or whatever you think is a good idea as far as letting people know what goes on here........well, that would be really wonderful FOR us.

As you may have figured out, I am much more enthusiastic about actually creating good guitar players than I am about business and marketing......I actually neglect the one for the other. This way, I can use the one to accomplish the other......and I like that! That would work for all of us I think.

I think we all realize that what goes on here at GP for guitar players simply doesn't happen anywhere else on the web, so let's put it out there, for the sake of GP and the rest of the struggling and aspiring guitar players of the world.......THANKS! :D
Best,
Jamie
Jamie

Re: SPECIAL REQUEST: FaceBook Your Videos!

Postby guitargreenify » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Jamie,

I don't have a facebook page. Or a twitter account. Or a cell phone for that matter. Getting a youtube account was a huge thing. I'm not anti-technology, I just don't want it overtaking my life. Sorry to not be able to help when I am so grateful for your insights.

Best,
Marie
guitargreenify

Postby ShirleyIplay » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Yeah! This is a great idea. I am a "techie" and have lots of "toys". I am an enthusiastic supporter of GP.
I will begin to put some of my, and with permission of any of your postings, on my Facebook page. I really think that medium (Facebook) is soooo full of peoples "crap" and will enjoy sharing something of "higher" callibur. Great Idea Jamie. I have posted some recordings of my solos on "My Family", a site for families, and my sibs and relatives enjoy it.
shirl
ShirleyIplay

Postby Jamie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Shirley, that's great! Anything you can do will be much appreciated! :D
Best,
Jamie
Jamie

Postby chefrusso » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:16 am

I have you covered there Jamie, although I have been quiet on the video front lately. I do have a couple of things to post after this trip, so I'll get back on the stick!

I just wanted to mention that if you have a YouTube account and a Facebook and/or Twitter account, it's very easy to link all of these accounts together so that whatever you post on YouTube automatically posts on the other two.

Go to the account settings menu and then the activity sharing option on the left. Once you're there, you can link your YouTube account to any of the other social networking websites you belong to.
If you want some recipes, I have a few, but nothing's better on guitar, than some "tasty blues stew".
All the Best,
Christian
chefrusso

Return to Have Jamie Review Your Practice!