"Sea of Love" cover

This forum is for those players who would like to get on the path of progress and improve their playing. We invite you to post a video of anything you would like, preferably one that indicates where you feel you need work. Jamie and other forum members will assess your playing and tell you what you need to do to improve. This is also the place for all those working with Guitar Principles products.

Moderator: admin

"Sea of Love" cover

Postby tiffany » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Hello everyone!

Wow, it's been a long time. I obviously haven't been active on the forums and it will probably stay that way for a while due to life circumstances. But I'm still practicing everyday and I do plan on checking in from time to time and sharing some music as I am now.

Ney, if you're reading this, I didn't get the last message you sent me on youtube until I uploaded this video yesterday. My sincere apologies, but I plan to take a webcam lesson with you soon so I think I'll see you then.

Well, here goes nothing! This is me *singing :shock: and playing a little song called "Sea of Love" based on Cat Power's version.

http://youtu.be/6Vk-_8aUyeY
tiffany

Re: "Sea of Love" cover

Postby GAA43 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm sure that many of us wondered where you were and missed you here. Welcome back, and I wish you luck in managing whatever was and is keeping you away.

Your song sounds great. Nice singing, and really good time keeping.
GAA43

Postby shanejur » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice Tiff, nice vocal. Shane
shanejur

Postby Jamie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Nice Tiffany, thanks for checking in! Yes, keep your fingers on the strings through all life's circumstances!
Best,
Jamie
Jamie

Postby tiffany » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks guys, I've been wanting to upload something where I'm strumming and singing since I've started working on The Path but never did because of my self-consciousness regarding my voice. I'm glad I finally did though. I will definitely check in from time to time, Jamie :]]
tiffany

Postby jules » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 am

Voice sounds great to me :)

Well done !

Jules.
jules.
jules

Postby Jamie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:27 pm

I agree, there are 2 important things now, keep singing, and keep "feelin' it". Then, it grows.
Best,
Jamie
Jamie

Postby Alexander » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:23 am

Absolutely nothing wrong with your singing Tiffany. I wouldn't have the thought that is was even an issue for you if you hadn't said it. Really. I saw the video on youtube before I saw it here and whether or not you considered yourself a singer didn't even cross my mind. I assumed you were based on what I heard. Keep up the good work. :D
Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first base.
-Frederick Wilcox
Alexander

Postby tiffany » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks Alex, my singing and strumming is a lot better now than what it was after working with The Path!
tiffany

Postby Alexander » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:12 am

I am very self-conscoious about singing and used to avoid it at all cost but now that I see how useful it is to learning the rythmn of strumming a song I'm doing it more as I practice. So maybe between watching you and brave Shriley put your singing out there I will eventually do one too *lol* :D
Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first base.
-Frederick Wilcox
Alexander

Next

Return to Have Jamie Review Your Practice!